Is External Funding Really Needed?
Most of the time, it is preferable to start without external financing as it pushes you to keep your costs low and generate revenues quickly. In addition, it can easily take 3 to 12 months to find investors which drains your energy and dilutes your focus. Additionally, investors usually have certain requirements and will influence your business as well.
In many cases external financing may be necessary, e.g. to develop a product, to finance market entrance and further growth and to capture the markets quickly. Here we can support you as we have been involved in financings, starting from as low as €100,000 and going up to €170 Million.
In particular, we can support you with the following:
- Preparation of a proper and detailed state-of-the art financial plan.
- Definition of the fundraising strategy.
- Development of a compelling equity story and pitch deck
- Preparation of further documents for investors and their due diligence
- Contacting investors
- Negotiations with investors
- Preparation of a term sheet
- Preparation of a shareholders agreement
Timing is crucial for fundraising. A company always goes through ups and downs during its development. In particular during a crisis a company may need fresh money. However, this may not be what investors expect. They are looking for growing companies, meaning companies which are developing successfully. Therefore the timing is absolutely crucial for raising money – and most of the time it is advisable to raise money when you actually do not really need the money.